Thursday, September 14, 2006

.

Time started: 10:08pm
Place: My room
Weather: Who cares
Mood: Devastated

This morning, before I went to my Chemistry exam, before Heidi went to work, Heidi left me a letter at my bedroom door. It read:

Dearest Hui-Min,

Good luck
I know you will do well
If you forget something, think about God for just one minute and you'll remember.
I will think about you and pray for you today.

Love Heidi

Someone like Heidi deserves all the best in life.

A few moments ago, Heidi came back home.
She ran in screaming and shaking all over.
Mum and I burst out of our room to see what was wrong.

"My son's girlfriend is dead"

Heidi was crying so hard. We all cried along with her.
He was going to propose to her tonight. Today he messaged Heidi saying "Mum, I want to marry this girl. I'm going to ask her tonight. I love her, I found the love of my life."
He was holding a party at a restaurant. A surprise party for her.
She was going to the party that was going to change her life.
And on the way her car crashes. Her life was over...

She was only 20 years old...

Heidi's daughter, 18, was recently diagnosed with cancer.

The worst part is, her son's in Adelaide, her daughter's in Brisbane. Both her children need her...and she doesn't know where to go...

I'm sitting here crying my heart out. I can barely breathe. I'm absolutely devastated...Something like this shouldn't happen to someone like Heidi. It shouldn't happen to anyone...

Sadly...things like this happen every day whether it's fair or not.

I wish I could do something for her, but I can't. All I can do is pray. I'll pray for her daughter to get better. I'll pray for Heidi, and her son, and the family and friends of that woman to find happiness again.

Don't take life for granted...cherish every minute of it with those you love...

And as a result of what I just said. I want you all to know that I love you all.

Time finished: 10:27pm

6 Comments:

Blogger Bird said...

Let us all pray for Heidi...

I hope Heidi gets over the sorrow, sometimes, we can only do so much in life... :'(

Friday, September 15, 2006 1:12:00 pm  
Blogger •°¤*(¯`°ƒåήğזє°´¯)*¤°• said...

thanks...

Friday, September 15, 2006 1:44:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:'( .

Words cannot express the grief that they must be going through.... Nor, though to a lesser extent (being removed from the situation such as I am), mine.

Gargh... Why is it that language is USELESS whenever I attempt to express melancholic sorrow!

Life is as delicate and tremulous as a flower, and no less beautiful. However, just as a flower weathers only a season, so life is transient. My only hope is that when we leave this world, it is into the arms of a loving God, for such is my faith.

You (Fangie) and Heidi and her son will be in my prayers.

May God Bless You in His abundance,
With earnest lamentations,
Matthew

Friday, September 15, 2006 3:28:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have been sitting here for so long trying to find something to say...there is a lot that i want to express but i just can't find the right words to explain the way i feel for you friend Heidi. All i can tell you is that you will all be in my prayers and thoughts i can't even imagine the pain you are all feeling. This is one of those times that you have to just lean on god to help you put one foot in front of the other. Lots of love min and to your friend Heidi i wish i could be more help

Friday, September 15, 2006 3:56:00 pm  
Blogger •°¤*(¯`°ƒåήğזє°´¯)*¤°• said...

Thank you so much Matthew and Becca.
Your comments mean a lot to me.

Friday, September 15, 2006 3:58:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont know what to say exactly, or whether i should say it anyway...but whatever happens, life goes on doesnt it? grieve and sorrow, time would cure it. diseases, medicine could cure it. by the way...regarding the fact that Heidi's son and daughter are in different places...is it possible to get them together in one town? perhaps being together can help them build up some strength; grievance, after all, does nothing to life itself.

Friday, September 15, 2006 4:53:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home